Transmission Service and Repair in Englewood
What is a transmission?
The transmission is a vital component of every vehicle on the road today. Its function is to ensure that the correct amount of power goes to the wheels to drive at a given speed. It works by shifting gears- kind of like what you see on a multi-speed bicycle. Fluid runs through your transmission in order to lubricate all the moving parts, it also acts as a coolant and a viscous fluid that relay power from the engine to the transmission.
Why should I consider flushing my car's transmission?
Transmission fluid is an important part in determining how well your vehicle will perform. Although most car manufacturers recommend changing yur transmission fluid every 30,000 miles or every other year as preventative maintenance, there can be certain instances where you may need to flush your transmission fluid more frequently. The transmission is an extremely vital piece of your car, so keeping it in excellent condition by periodically flushing the system and changing the fluid is important. Keeping up on regular preventative maintenance when it come's to your vehicle's transmission can not only give you peace of mind, but could also save you a significant amount of money and pain down the road.
Before and After a Transmission Flush:
Symptoms of dirty transmission fluid:
Call K-Motion or bring your car Into our Englewood auto repair shop if you notice any of the following issues:
- Grinding, squealing, or any other abnormal noises while shifting: Pull over or bring your vehicle to K-Motion ASAP as these noises can indicate a serious problem. Check your transmission fluid level while the engine is still running, also look at the color of the fluid. Transmission fluid is typically bright red.
- Shifting is difficult: If your car seems like it is shifting "harder" than it normally does, or at times sooner or later than it typically shifts, you might need to flush your transmission fluid.
- Surging: Your vehicle may "surge" forward or backward for no explainable reason. Surging is caused by contaminants in the transmission fluid that are preventing a consistent flow throughout the entire system.
- Slipping Gears: If there is grime or grit within the transmission system, it will interfere with the pressure levels that keep the gears in place.
- Delay in movement after shifting: The delay could be one second or several, the longer the delay the more likely it is that there is contamination within your transmission fluid.
At K-Motion we use BG Products to flush and fill automatic transmission systems. We have a special machine that pumps the dirty fluid out and replace it with fresh, clean fluid. This machine is great because it allows all of the dirty fluid to be flushed completely from the system by cleaning out the residue and buildup, rather than just emptying the system and refilling it.
BG Transmission Flush Machine:
K-Motion Auto Service
2735 W Hampden Ave
Englewood, CO 80110